BioM: Heppner, Katherine (1947)
Surnames: Heppner, Schraufnagel, Brockman, Jesske, Hamilton, Clayton
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 01/23/1947
Heppner, Katherine (Marriage - 15 Jan. 1947)
Miss Katherine Heppner, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. R. C. Heppner, and Alphonse Schraufnagel, son of Frank Schraufnagel, exchanged marriage vows Wednesday morning, Jan. 15th, at 9:30 at St. Bernard’s Catholic church, Abbotsford, Wisconsin. Rev. Francis Brockman read the marriage ceremony before the nuptial high mass. Mr. and Mrs. Art Schraufnagel, brother and sister in law of the groom, Miss Jesske of Wausau, a friend of the bride, and Robert Heppner, brother of the bride, attended the couple.
The bride was attired in a wool suit in natural shade with a corsage of pink roses and white carnations. She wore a spray of similar flowers in her hair. Mrs. Schraufnagel wore a coral wool suit with a corsage of white carnations in her hair. Miss Jesske wore a green wool suit with a corsage of pink carnations in her hair. Mrs. Heppner’s corsage was a combination of pink and white carnations.
Following the ceremony, a wedding reception was held at the home of the bride’s parents, about 75 relatives and friends attending. The table was nicely decorated with green, pink and white, centered by a cake which was topped by a miniature bride and groom and white candles. In the evening, a wedding dance was held at the Abbotsford armory. Music was furnished by Emil and his band.
Mr. and Mrs. Schraufnagel left on a wedding trip to southern states and will be at home about Feb. 1st on the Norbert Schraufnagel farm, east of Abbotsford, Wisconsin.
Among the relatives from away who attended the wedding were Mrs. Robert Hamilton and Mrs. Fannie Clayton of Chicago and Mr. and Mrs. Emil Schraufnagel of Mason.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs