BioM: Hennlich, Evelyn (1947)
Surnames: Hennlich, Wanke, Matthews, Smiley, Merwin, Edwards
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 04/10/1947
Hennlich, Evelyn (Marriage - 5 Apr. 1947)
Wearing a white gabardine suit, an aqua hat and accessories, and a corsage of pink carnations and white snapdragons, Miss Evelyn Hennlich of Milwaukee, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. A. J. Hennlich of Curtiss, became the bride of Orlyn Wanke of Milwaukee, son of Mr. and Mrs. John Wanke of Loyal. The nuptial service was read in the Congregational church at Curtiss at 2:30 p.m., April 5. Easter lilies, snapdragons and jonquils decorated the altar before which the Rev. C. S. Matthews read the marriage vows.
Mrs. Leland Smiley played the wedding marches and Joyce Merwin, the bride’s cousin, sang "The Lord’s Prayer" and "Because."
Sisters of the bride and groom, Miss Emily Ann Hennlich of Milwaukee and Miss Jean Wanke, wearing pink and green suits, respectively, and black accessories, attended the bride. Robert Hennlich of Milwaukee, a cousin, and George Edwards, a brother in law of the bride, attended the groom.
Following the ceremony, a six o’clock dinner was served to fifty guests at the Hennlich home decorated with pink, green, and white streamers. A wedding cake and candles formed the centerpiece at the table. During the evening a reception was held for 100 guests.
The couple are at home to friends at 489 N. Port Washington road, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Mrs. Wanke was graduated from the Owen High School in 1940 and attended the Hollywood Beauty Culture School at Appleton. For the past five years she has been employed at Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Her husband, a graduate of the Owen High School in 1942, was in army service for three years, two years of which time he spent overseas. He is a welder with the Milwaukee Road.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs