BioM: Peterson, Kathryn (1947)
Surnames: Peterson, Schuette, Goetsch, McCorrison, Novak, Schulz, Edwards
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 07/03/1947
Peterson, Kathryn (Marriage - 28 June 1947)
Kathryn Peterson, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Peterson of Curtiss, and Orville Schuette, son of Mr. and Mrs. Hugo Schuette, were united in marriage Saturday afternoon, June 28th, at St. Luke’s Lutheran church, South Green Grove, Rev. M. C. Goetsch reading the marriage ceremony. Mrs. George Edwards, accompanied by Mrs. Jack McCorrison, sang "I Love You Truly" before the double ring ceremony. The bride was attended by her sister, Evelyn Novak, as matron of honor and Arlene Schuette, sister of the groom, as bridesmaid. The groom was attended by Orlyn Peterson, brother of the bride, and Calvin Schulz. Sandra Novak, niece of the bride, was flower bearer.
The bride was attired in a gown of white satin with long sleeves, sweetheart neckline, fingertip veil with cap and long train. Her bouquet consisted of red roses. The matron of honor wore a dress of pale blue taffeta and her bouquet consisted of white and pink carnations. The bridesmaid wore a dress of pink taffeta and her bouquet also consisted of white and pink carnations.
A reception was given at the home of the bride’s parents which was decorated with wedding bells and pink and white streamers. A six o’clock dinner was served to about 75 relatives and friends at the Curtiss village hall and a dance was given at Walter’s pavilion in the evening.
The couple left on a wedding trip to Northern Wisconsin and will be at home after July 14 at Curtiss where the groom is employed by a construction company.
Among those from away attending were Mr. and Mrs. Roman Peterson of Battle Creek, Mich., and Irlyn Peterson of Chicago.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs