BioM: Kriplean, Rita (1947)
Surnames: Kriplean, Brown, Beschta, Call, Strathman, Werner, Goedert, Hermans, Pleus, Zielke, Reusch, Perkins, Piechowsky, Pagel, Caron, Krundick, Seidel, Jakobi, Swarthout, McAlhattan, Kattre, Anderson, Pribnow, Miller, Voss, Salter, Heglund, Steinwand, Bonheim, Bialowcki, Marquardt
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 08/07/1947
Kriplean, Rita (Marriage - 2 Aug. 1947)
Miss Rita Kriplean, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. A. J. Kriplean, and Charles Brown, son of the late Mr. and Mrs. Harry Brown, were united in marriage in a double ring ceremony at St. Mary’s church in Colby Saturday, August 2, 1947, at 9:00 A.M., Rev. N. B. Beschta performing the ceremony. The bride was attired in an ivory slipper satin gown with long sleeves, high neckline with appliqué flowers over the silk marquisette, tiny buttons down the back, full skirt with long train, finger-tip veil with seed pearl tiara lace edge with lace appliqué bows. Her bouquet consisted of bridal roses with orchids in the center.
Mrs. Warren Call of Wausau, sister of the bride, was matron of honor and the bridesmaids were Mrs. Leon Pleus of Medford and Miss Joyce Kriplean of Appleton, cousins of the bride. The matron of honor wore a soft yellow dress with square neckline, hoop skirt, bustle back, short puff sleeves. The skirt had rows of ruffles from the waist to bottom of skirt in back. The bridesmaids wore dresses similar to that of the matron of honor only in powder blue. The matron of honor’s colonial bouquet consisted of talisman roses and the bridesmaids’ colonial bouquets consisted of pink roses. The headdresses of all three attendants consisted of bandeau of net veil, same color as the dresses.
The groom’s gifts to the bride were Deltah oriental pearls and ear rings of cluster of pearls. The bride’s gifts to her attendants were pearl necklaces and pearl ear rings.
The groom was attended by Warren Call of Wausau, brother in law of the bride, Leon Pleus of Medford, cousin of the bride, and Arnold Strathman of Colby, a friend.
A wedding breakfast was served 80 guests at St. Mary’s auditorium. A reception was given at the home of the bride’s parents. A cafeteria supper was served 150 guests. The home was decorated with red roses, garden flowers, and yellow, blue and white streamers.
In the evening, a wedding dance was given at Walter’s pavilion. The music was furnished by Emil’s.
The couple left on a wedding trip to Canada and will be at home after Aug. 12 at the home of the bride’s parents in Colby, Wisconsin. The groom is employed by Moland Bros., Stevens Point.
Out of town guests were Mr. and Mrs. Ray Kriplean, Miss Dorothy Kriplean and Gene Werner of Appleton, Mr. and Mrs. Clarence Goedert and Peter Hermans of Michicot, Wis., Mrs. Ed Goedert, Peter Pleus, Mr. and Mrs. Peter Zielke, Mr. and Mrs. Dave Reusch, Mr. and Mrs. Jack Bonheim, and Miss Harriet Perkins of Medford, Mrs. Edith Bialowcki of Toledo, Ohio, Miss Rose Piechowsky and Miss Florence Pagel of St. Paul, Mr. and Mrs. Jess Caron of Rhinelander, Mr. and Mrs. Walter Krundick of Mercer, Wis., Mr. and Mrs. Frank Seidel of Dorchester, Mr. and Mrs. Frank Marquardt of Mercer and Colby, Mr. and Mrs. Jack Call of Schofield, Wis., Mr. and Mrs. Laurence Call of Wausau, Mr. and Mrs. John Jakobi and family of Neillsville, Wis., Mr. and Mrs. R. C. Swarthout and daughter, Lois, of Milwaukee, Mr. and Mrs. Foster McAlhattan of Spencer, Mr. and Mrs. Gilbert Kattre of Abbotsford, Mr. and Mrs. Ray Anderson of Wausau, Mr. and Mrs. John Pribnow and son, Jack, of Loyal, Mr. and Mrs. George Miller of Unity, Mr. and Mrs. Harry Voss of Loyal, Mr. and Mrs. Ted Salter of Loyal, Miss Joyce Heglund of Ashland, Miss Rosemary Steinwand of Marshfield.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.