BioM: Gries, Marcia Marie (1947)
Surnames: Gries, Miller, Beschta, Norman, Stieber
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 08/21/1947
Gries, Marcia Marie (Marriage - 20 Aug. 1947)
Marcia Marie Gries, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John Gries, and Lester E. Miller, son of Mr. and Mrs. Ernest F. Miller, were united in marriage at St. Mary’s Catholic church in Colby, Wednesday morning, August 20th, 1947, at 9:00 a.m., Rev. N. B. Beschta reading the marriage ceremony. The bride was given in marriage by her father. Miss Audrey Ann Gries, a cousin of the bride, was maid of honor and the bridesmaids were Miss Helen Norman of Evanston, Ill., a cousin of the bride, and Miss LaVera E. Stieber. The groom was attended by his brother, Edward Miller, as best man and by Adrian Gries, cousin of the bride, and Ray Miller, brother of the groom.
The bride was attired in an ivory satin dress with pearl sweetheart neckline, fingertip net veil, trimmed with imported lace and held in place by orange blossoms. Her bouquet consisted of gardenias and Johanna Hill roses. The maid of honor wore a dress of pink taffeta with sweetheart neckline, hooped skirt and shirred bodice. Her colonial maline bouquet consisted of white gladioli and pink roses. The bridesmaids wore dresses similar to that of the maid of honor but in aqua color. Their colonial maline bouquets consisted of white and picardy gladioli. All three attendants wore net hats to match their dresses.
A wedding breakfast was served at the bride’s home and a six o’clock dinner was served about 75 guests at St. Mary’s auditorium.
The home was decorated with white, pink and aqua streamers and white wedding bells.
The couple left on a wedding trip through Canada and will be at home after September 3rd.
The groom is employed by the Roddis Lumber and Veneer Company of Marshfield.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs