BioM: Engeldinger, Mary (1948)
Surnames: Engeldinger, Zettel, Diny, Schmelzle, Stebbins, Pokallus, Zettle, Vogel
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 06/03/1948
Engeldinger, Mary (Marriage - 29 May 1948)
Miss Mary Engeldinger, niece of Mr. and Mrs. Emil Pokallus, became the bride of Ralph Zettel, son of Mr. and Mrs. Anton Zettel of Maplewood, in a double ring ceremony performed by Rev. J. N. Dins of Holy Name of Mary church in Maplewood on May 29th.
The bride, given in marriage by her uncle, Emil Pokallus, wore a white gabardine suit with navy blue accessories and carried a white prayer book. Her arm bouquet consisted of Amercian beauty roses.
The matron of honor, Mrs. Lloyd Schmelzle of Sawyer, Wis., sister of the groom, wore a rose suit with navy blue accessories and carried a white leather prayer book, a gift of the bride. She wore a corsage of white roses.
The groom was attended by Lloyd Schmelzle, husband of the matron of honor. The ushers were Robert Zettle of Milwaukee and Harold Vogel of Algoma, cousins of the groom.
A one o’clock dinner was served relatives at the Hotel Stebbins, Algoma. A reception was held at the groom’s home from two to four in the afternoon.
The bride has been employed as cosmetologist at the Flora Lee Beauty Shoppe, Algoma, the past two years.
The groom is a graduate of the Naval Reserve Officers’ Training Corps, Marquette University, Milwaukee, having served in capacity of commanding officer of a naval vessel until released to inactive duty in July, 1946. He was graduated from Marquette University with a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering degree this past semester. He is a member of Pi Tau Sigma, honorary national mechanical engineering fraternity, and will be employed at the Chain Belt Co., in the engineering and design department.
The newlyweds are traveling in Southern Wisconsin and points east. They will be at home after June 12 at Waterford, Wis., located along the scenic Lake Michigan.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs