BioM: Shortess, Shirley (1952)
Surnames: Shortess, Klaar, Puhlmann, Bruss, Jastrow, Mossing, Decker
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 05/29/1952
Shortess, Shirley (Marriage - 24 May 1952)
Miss Shirley Shortess of Racine, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John Shortess of Spencer and Fredrick Klaar of Racine, son of Mr. and Mrs. W. F. Klaar of Colby, Wisconsin were united in marriage in the First Evangelical and Reformed church Saturday at 7:30 P.M., Rev. Franz P. Puhlmann reading the marriage ceremony.
The bride was attired in a ballerina-length Chantilly lace gown featuring a snug-fitting bodice. A maderin collar topped her lace jacket which was styled with three-quarter length sleeves. She carried a bouquet of white roses centered with pink roses.
The bride was attended by Annabelle Klaar of Colby, the groom’s sister, and Beatrice Bruss of Racine. They were attired in blue ballerina-length frocks with net skirts and each carried a colonial bouquet. The groom was attended by Richard Shortess, a brother of the bride, as best man, and Lloyd Jastrow, of Racine as groomsman. The ushers were Everett Mossing of Colby and Donald Decker of Greenwood, a cousin of the bride.
Diane Decker, a cousin of the bride, the little flower girl, wore a yellow organdy dress and carried a basket of sweet peas. Mrs. Shortess wore a grey and white check suit and the groom’s mother wore a multi-colored print dress. Each had a corsage of pink and white carnations.
The bride is a graduate of the Spencer High School and is employed in the office of the Massey-Harris Co. in Racine. The groom is a graduate of Colby High School and is employed by the George Gorton Machine Co. in Racine.
When the couple return from a honeymoon in Northern Wisconsin and Southern Illinois, they will reside at 420 English St., Racine.
Guests at the wedding were from Rockford, Ill., Greenwood, Thorp, Cadott, Ashland, Park Falls and Fountain City.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs