BioM: Brill, Theresa (1952)
Surnames: Brill, Bergs, Beschta, Godina, Godind, Foster
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 06/19/1952
Brill, Theresa (Marriage - 16 June 1952)
Miss Theresa Brill, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Theodore Brill of Colby, and Robert Bergs of Milwaukee, son of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Bergs of Edgar, were united in marriage in St. Mary’s Catholic church in Colby, Monday, June 16th, at 9:00 A.M., Rev. N. B. Beschta reading the marriage ceremony before an altar decked with bouquets of red, white and pink peonies. Attending the couple as they walked down a white carpeted aisle were Mrs. Vic Bergs of Waukesha, sister of the bride, as matron of honor and Mrs. Frank Godina of Alexandria, Virginia, as bridesmaid, Victor Bergs of Waukesha, brother of the groom, as best man and Edward Brill of Colby, brother of the bride, as groomsman. Janis Godind of Alexandria, Virginia, was flower girl. The bride was presented in marriage by her father. Sister M. Johnetta was organist and the choir consisted of Sister M. Clarone of Edgar, sister of the bride, and Sisters Ruth Marie and Johnetta of Colby, Wis. Mass servers were Joe Brill, brother of the bride, and Dennis Foster.
The bride was attired in a gown of mosseline de soie satin, nylon yoke trimmed with chantilly lace, fitted bodice, long sleeves with wide tiers of same lace down the front of the skirt and on the edge of the long train. Her finger-tip veil of silk illusion was fastened to a net and lace coronet ornamented with pearlized orange blossoms. Her cascade bouquet was of pink roses and white carnations with a long white ribbon with ferns. For jewelry, she wore a strand of pearls. Her attendants wore identical dresses, in green and yellow, respectively, with strapless lace bodice over taffeta with bolero jacket of the same material. The matron’s cascade bouquet consisted of yellow, pink and white carnations with green ribbons. The flower girl wore a dress of white organdy with a yellow yoke and skirt trimmed with white ruffles. Her bouquet was a miniature of that of the bride’s. The bride’s mother wore a green and white print dress with white and black accessories and the groom’s white print with navy and white accessories. Flowers of both were pink and white carnations.
A dinner and reception for 100 guests were held in St. Mary’s hall. The tables were decorated with yellow and green streamers, vases of red roses, pink and white peonies centered on the tables. A three-tiered cake topped with a large wedding bell surrounded by candles, was on the bride’s table.
After a wedding trip to Northern Wisconsin, the couple will be at home in Milwaukee, 3338 N. 2nd St. For her going away costume the bride wore a navy suit with white accessories with a removable corsage of roses from the bride’s bouquet.
The groom is employed as an accountant at Refreshment Service, Inc., in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Out of town guests were from Edgar, Stratford, Wausau, Marathon, Athens, Milwaukee, Waukesha, Marshfield, Auburndale, Abbotsford, Medford, Unity, Wisconsin Rapids, Curtiss, Ladysmith, Alexandra, Virginia, Coloma, Calif., Chicago.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs