BioM: Schoelzel, Doris Janet (1952)
Surnames: Schoelzel, Chamberlain, Puhlmann, Flaige, Sheets, Schoenike, Wachtendonk, Christianson, Christensen
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 07/17/1952
Schoelzel, Doris Janet (Marriage - 12 July 1952)
Doris Janet Schoelzel of Beloit, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Rudolph Schoelzel of Colby, and Obert A. Chamberlain of Beloit, son of Mr. and Mrs. Sam Chamberlain of Columbus, were united in marriage Saturday afternoon, July 12th, in the First Evangelical and Reformed church in Colby, Wis., Rev. Franz Paul Puhlmann reading the marriage ceremony. Carola Flaige of Jefferson, sister of the groom, was matron of honor and Mrs. John Sheets of Colby, sister of the bride, was bridesmaid. The groom was attended by Merlin Schoenike of Jefferson and John Sheets of Colby, Colleen and Dennis Schoelzel were flower bearer and ring bearer, respectively.
The bride was attired in an entrained white nylon gown fashioned with a lace fitted bodice, long sleeves and a full skirt. Her pearlized crowned finger-tip veil was edged with lace. Her bouquet consisted of red roses and small white flowers. Her attendants wore similar styled gowns, pink and yellow respectively, nylon net with a net stole over strapless bodice and full net skirt. Both had mixed colonial bouquets.
A reception was given at the home of the bride’s parents, and in the evening, a dance was held at the Colby park.
The couple will make their home in Beloit where the groom is employed by Fairbanks-Morse & Co.
Out of town guests included Mr. and Mrs. Edward Wachtnedonk of Beloit, Mr. and Mrs. Oscar Christianson of Hartland, Minn., Miss Emerita Schoelzel of Minneapolis, Minn., Jerry Schoelzel and Joan Christensen of Burlington, Mr. and Mrs. Sam Chamberlain of Columbus and Mr. and Mrs. Sheridan Chamberlain of Watertown.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs