BioM: Gosse, Harriet (1952)
Surnames: Gosse, Laabs, Dietrich, Bauer, Barr, Steszick, Schuh, Jagodzinski
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 12/04/1952
Gosse, Harriet (Marriage - 29 Nov. 1952)
Miss Harriet Gosse, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Louis Gosse, and Alfred Laabs, son of Mrs. Albert Laabs of Owen, were united in marriage Saturday afternoon, November 29, 1952, at 3:00 P.M. at the Evangelical and Reformed church in Colby, Wis., Rev. Siegfried Dietrich reading the marriage ceremony. The bride was given in marriage by her father. Miss Rena Bauer, who placed the flowers in the church, played the bridal march and also accompanied Mrs. Donald Barr who sang "Oh Promise Me" and "Because." Dorothy Gosse, sister of the bride, was maid of honor and Gaymond Steszick, a friend of the bride, and Marie Schuh, a niece of the bride, were bridesmaids. The groom was attended by Arnold Jagondzinski, Milton Laabs and Ambrose Schuh.
The bride was attired in an ivory two-piece satin gown, full skirt bordered with lace, fitted overjacket buttoned down front, trimmed with lace in front and back. Her veil of tulle was bordered with lace and held by a bonnet of lace and seed pearls. Her bouquet consisted of white chrysanthemum and lemon leaves. Her attendants wore similar styled gowns in salmon pink and green, respectively. Their two-piece taffeta gowns were covered with net and featured fitted bodice, short bolero, ballerina length with braided matching crowns. They carried bouquets of chrysanthemums.
A reception was held at the home of the bride’s sister, Mrs. Anthony Schuh, and a supper was served at the parish hall.
The bride is a teacher at Woodland School, Owen. The couple will make their home on the farm of the groom’s father at Owen.
Relatives and friends at the wedding were from Colby, Unity, Abbotsford, Owen, Curtiss, Wausau, Milwaukee, Howard’s Grove and Elkhart Lake.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs