BioM: Gottschalk, Lucille (1953)
Surnames: Gottschalk, Kops, Eske, Steinbacher, Johnson
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 02/12/1953
Gottschalk, Lucille (Marriage - 31 Jan. 1953)
Miss Lucille Gottschalk of Milwaukee, daughter of Mrs. Adel Gottschalk of Colby, and Kenneth Kops, son of Mr. and Mrs. Hugo C. Kops of Milwaukee, formerly of Colby, Wisconsin were united in marriage in St. Thomas Lutheran church in Milwaukee Saturday afternoon, January 31, Rev. E. F. Eske reading the marriage vows. Mrs. Ed Steinbacher sang "The Lord’s Prayer."
The bride was attired in a white rayon suit with a white sequin hat and copper accessories. She carried a small cascade of orchids and ivy tied with copper satin ribbon.
Mr. and Mrs. Martin W. Johnson of Sussex, cousins of the bride, were the couple’s only attendants. Mrs. Johnson wore a mist green rayon suit, similar to the bride’s and a copper sequin hat and matching accessories. Tea roses formed her cascade bouquet.
The bride’s mother wore a two-piece navy crepe dress with white accessories. The groom’s mother wore a plum crepe dress with beaded trim. Both also wore a corsage of white carnations.
A six o’clock dinner for members of the immediate families and friends was served at the Boulevard Inn. Baskets of cut flowers centered the table. A reception was held at the home of the groom’s parents.
The bride had been employed as secretary in the Milwaukee office of the A & P Store. The newlyweds will reside at 1919 17th Ave. in Rockford, where the groom is employed as a laboratory technician at the Barber Coleman Co.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.