BioM: Scheffler, Marion (1953)
Surnames: Scheffler, Loos, Malotky, Krueger, Voelker, Sauer, Riemer, Ewan, Zubke, Kasper, Frome
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 06/18/1953
Scheffler, Marion (Marriage - 13 June 1953)
Miss Marion Scheffler, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Harold Scheffler of Athens, Wis., Route 1, and Darrel Loos, son of Mr. and Mrs. Walter Loos, were united in marriage in the Trinity Lutheran church in Athens Saturday, June 3, Rev. R. Malotky reading the marriage ceremony. Mrs. Jack Krueger, the bride’s sister, was matron of honor, and Emilie Loos, Mrs. Kenneth Scheffler and Virginia Voelker served as bridesmaids. The groom was attended by Jack Krueger, a brother-in-law, as best man, Myron Scheffler and Kenneth Scheffler, the bride’s brothers, and Leo Stecker, a friend of the groom.
Myron Scheffler, twin brother of the bride, sang "Because" and "The Lord’s Prayer," accompanied by Mrs. R. Malotky at the organ, who also furnished soft music during the ceremony. The bride’s father escorted her to the altar which was lighted with candelabras and decorated with blooming gloxinas, snowballs and bridal wreaths. Green wreaths and satin bows marked the pews for relatives and friends.
The bride was attired in a white satin gown with chantilly lace bodice, long tapered sleeves, full skirt swept into a train of double nylon net over satin, finger-tip nylon veil with lace border and seed pearls on the headdress. She also wore a pearl necklace and earrings, a gift of the bridegroom. Her colonial bouquet consisted of pink and white roses with satin streamers. The matron of honor wore a strapless yellow dress with net over lace bodice, taffeta skirt and double net. Her colonial bouquet consisted of matching carnations and rainbow ribbons. She also wore a matching carnation and ribbon in her hair. The bridesmaids wore similar dresses to that of the matron of honor in orchid, blue and green, respectively. Their colonial bouquets of matching carnations and ribbons were also similar to that of the matron of honor.
The flower girls, Karen Krueger, niece of the bride, and Eunice Sauer, niece of the groom, wore white dresses, similar to that of the bride, which were made by the matron of honor. They also wore pearls, gifts of the bride. The bride’s mother wore an aqua crepe dress and the groom’s mother wore a flowered sheer dress. Both wore a corsage of pink and white carnations. The three grandmothers of the couple, Mrs. Rob Riemer, Mrs. Chas. Scheffler and Mrs. William Ewan, all of Athens, were all present and each one wore a corsage of carnations.
The bride and groom rode from the church in a 1926 Model T Sedan, which belonged to the bride’s sponsors, Mr. and Mrs. Herman Zubke, to the reception at the home of the bride’s parents in the town of Bern where supper was served to about 175 guests. The tables were decorated with orchid garden flowers and a huge three-tiered wedding cake which was baked by the bride’s God mother, Mrs. Herman Zubke. The rooms were decorated with rainbow streamers and white bells. Musical entertainment was furnished by relatives on the lawn during the reception. A wedding dance was held in the evening at the Colby Park. Music was furnished by Vernon Kasper and his orchestra.
The couple left on a wedding trip to Northern Wisconsin and lakes and will be at home after June 20 at Colby, R.R. The groom is employed at Frome’s Dairy Farm.
Guests at the wedding were from Milwaukee, Eau Claire, Wausau, Marshfield, Colby, Unity, Spencer, vicinity of Athens and Illinois.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.