Bio: Peterson, John M. (Law Practice - 1954)
Surnames: Trimberger, Peterson
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) Thursday, 04/01/1954
Former Colbyite Takes Partner in Law Practice
Wayne W. Trimberger, son of Mr. and Mrs. Walter A. Trimberger of Granton, Wisconsin, is now associated with Mr. John M. Peterson, Neillsville, for the practice of law. Mr. Trimberger was born and raised in Granton and graduated from that high school as salutatorian in 1946. He completed one year of scholarship study with the University of Wisconsin Extension Center at Marshfield and then transferred to the University proper at Madison. During his university work, Mr. Trimberger majored in economics and law and received a B.S. degree in January, 1951, a L.L.B. degree in January 1952 and admission to practice law in the State of Wisconsin in Febraury 1952. He was then called from the reserve corps and served on active duty with the U.S. Army until his discharge in February of this year. Mr. Trimberger is a member of the Wisconsin Bar Asssociation, the Wisconsin Alumni Association and is affiliated with Delta Theta Phi Law Fraternity.
The new association will continue to be located in the first building west of the courthouse which for several years has been the office of Mr. Peterson. Mr. Peterson was born in Colby and started his early practice of law at Owen in 1931. He moved his permanent residence and office to Neillsville in 1935 upon being elected district attorney but still maintains a branch office on Thursdays at the Owen-Curtiss State Bank Building in Owen.
Mr. Peterson occasionally stops at the Phonograph office and always expresses an interest in what he calls his "home town." He carried mail as a rural carrier from our local post office for several years and is remembered by many people in our community. He still owns some real estate and a residence property here.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs