BioM: Albenese, Phyllis (1954)
Surnames: Albenese, Allar, Sutschek, Novilla, Corrocci, Meicher, Frane, Meischer
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) Thursday, 07/08/1954
Albenese, Phyllis (Marriage - 3 July 1954)
St. Joseph’s Catholic church of Waukesha, Wisconsin was the setting for the marriage of Phyllis Albenese, daughter of Mrs. Antoinette Albenese of Waukesha, and James Allar of Waukesha, son of Mr. and Mrs. Mathias Allar of Colby, Wis. Vows were exchanged before Father Sutschek in a double-ring ceremony on Saturday, July 3, at a 10:00 high mass.
The bride, who was given in marriage by her uncle, Albert Novilla, wore a bluish gray suit with navy blue accessories. Her corsage consisted of an orchid.
The bride’s attendants were Mrs. Lena Corrocci of Waukesha, a friend of the bride, as matron of honor, and Genevieve Allar of Colby, sister of the groom, as bridesmaid. The matron of honor wore a navy blue suit with navy blue accessories. The bridesmaid wore a navy blue suit with white accessories. Their corsages consisted of red roses and white carnations.
Attending the groom were Bernard Meicher of Janesville, brother-in-law of the bride, as best man and Donald Frane of Colby as groomsman.
Mrs. Albenese viewed her daughter’s wedding in a navy blue dress with blue accessories. The groom’s mother wore a lavender dress with blue accessories. Their corsages consisted of white carnations.
The wedding breakfast, dinner, supper and reception were held at the home of the bride’s mother for relatives, friends and neighbors. The bride was married on her mother’s birthday anniversary.
The bride has been employed the past seven and one-half years as assistant nurse at the Memorial Hospital in Waukesha and is still employed there. The groom is employed at the Boxo Bottling Works in Waukesha. The young couple will reside at 1433 Summit Avenue, Apt. 2, in Waukesha, Wis.
Those attending the wedding from Colby were Mr. and Mrs. Mathias Allar and daughter, Genevieve, and Mr. and Mrs. Donald Frane. Others attending were Mr. and Mrs. Bernard Meischer and daughter, Mary Margaret, of Janesville.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.