BioM: Leonhardt, Marjorie L. (1954)
Surnames: Leonhardt, Frane, Schuh, Fuchs, Hildebrand
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) Thursday, 07/15/1954
Leonhardt, Marjorie L. (Marriage - 5 July 1954)
Miss Marjorie L. Leonhardt, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Jack Leonhardt of Statford, Route 2, and David P. Frane, son of Mrs. Laura Frane of Colby, Wisconsin were united in marriage in a nuptial mass, sung by Stratford boys who are now Holy Cross Seminarians but were classmates of the bride before entering the seminary. The mass was read Monday morning, July 5, at 10 o’clock in St. Adalbert’s Catholic church of Stratford, Route 2, by Rt. Rev. Msgr. A. N. Schuh.
Mrs. Norbert Fuchs of Marshfield, sister of the bride, served as matron of honor and Miss Mary Ann Leonhardt of Stratford, another sister, and Mrs. L. K. Hildebrand of Colby, sister of the groom, were bridal aides. The groom was attended by his brother-in-law, Norman Fuchs of Marshfield, as best man and Virgil Frane of Milwaukee, the groom’s brother, and Robert Leonhardt, the bride’s brother, as groomsmen. Jack Frane of Colby, another brother of the groom, and Jack Leonhardt, Jr., of Stratford were ushers.
The bride wore a chapel-length gown of Chantilly lace over satin fashioned with a Peter Pan collar, long sleeves coming to points over the wrists, and a skirt of net over satin with lace panels in the front. A finger-tip veil was caught to a crown studded with pearls and sequins and she carried a colonial bouquet of white carnations centered with an orchid.
Her attendants’ gowns were styled with bodices of lace with matching jackets and skirts of net over taffeta. Their headbands were of matching nylon net and lilies of the valley and they carried colonial bouquets of white carnations, interspersed with colored carnations to match their gowns. Their gowns were green, yellow and orchid, respectively.
Judy, five year-old sister of the bride, as flower girl, was dressed as a miniature bride in a gown identical to that of the bride. Her cousin, Ronald Leonhardt of Medford, was ring bearer.
Corsages of yellow and white carnations were worn by the mothers of the bridal pair who wore navy dresses with white accessories.
Dinner and supper were served in the church hall and a reception was held at the home of the bride’s parents. In the evening a wedding dance was held at the Riverview Ballroom. Among the 250 guests present were people from Milwaukee, Marshfield, Medford, Wausau, Colby, Edgar and Stratford.
The bride attended school in Stratford before attending Colby High School from which she graduated. She has been employed as a switchboard operator at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Marshfield. The groom, also a graduate of Colby High School, spent two years in Europe with the Army of Occupation and is, at present, employed by the Lewis Container Co. of Colby, Wis. After a honeymoon in Northern Wisconsin, the couple will reside at Stratford, Route 2.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs