BioM: Strathman, Virginia Mae (1954)
Surnames: Strathman, Callies, Grosshuesch, Bauer, Moore
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) Thursday, 08/12/1954
Strathman, Virginia Mae (Marriage - 7 Aug. 1954)
Miss Virginia Mae Strathman, daughter of Mrs. Hildur Strathman of Colby, and Murray F. Callies, son of Mr. and Mrs. Herbert Callies, Sr., of Edgar, exchanged marriage vows Saturday afternoon at 2:30 P.M. in the Methodist church in Colby, Wis., Rev. V. O. Grosshuesch reading the marriage ceremony. Miss Rena Bauer was the organist.
Attending the couple were Mr. and Mrs. Wallace Callies and Mr. and Mrs. Herbert Callies, Jr., of Edgar, Miss Mernagean Moore of Abbotsford; Eugene Strathman of Colby and Mr. and Mrs. Gerald Strathman of Houston, Texas.
The bride was attired in a gown of white organdy over satin with pearl button trim. The sweetheart neckline was accented with a Queen Anne Collar. Her illusion veil bordered with fine lace was clipped to her dark hair with rhinestone pins. Her bouquet was a cascade of red roses with staphonets interspersed with satin loops and tied with a large satin bow.
The bridal aids wore gowns of lace and net over satin in yellow, orchid, blue and green, respectively. Their dresses were fashioned identically with strapless bodices being covered with lace jackets above bouffant skirts. Their colonial bouquets consisted of yellow, pink and white carnations.
The wedding reception was held at the home of the bride’s mother. The wedding dinner was served in the church dining hall and at night the couple was honored at a dance in Riverview Ballroom near Stratford.
Out of town guests were from Milwaukee, Menomonie Falls, Edgar, Manitowoc, Fort Atkinson, Stratford, Wausau, Marshfield and Houston, Texas.
After a wedding trip to Pennsylvania, the couple will be at home at Edgar, Route 1, where the groom is engaged in farming.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs