BioM: Broeren, Dorothy (1941)
Surnames: Broeren, Hanson, Lawrence
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 07/10/1941
Broeren, Dorothy (8 JUL 1941)
A pretty home wedding was solemnized at the home of the bride’s parents, Mr. and Mrs. Frank M. Broeren, at twelve o’clock noon, Tuesday, July 8th, 1941. The contracting parties were Miss Dorothy May Broeren and Mr. Leslie E. Hanson. Father Ortmier, pastor of the Episcopal Church of Owen, was the officiating clergyman who tied the nuptial knot pronouncing the ceremony, which united the lives of these estimable young people of our little city.
Mr. and Mrs. Roger Lawrence of Marshfield, were the only attendants of the couple.
The wedding was a quiet one, witnessed by immediate relatives of the bride and groom, and a few intimate friends.
The bride was becomingly attired in white crepe meteor and shadow lace, the wedding gown of Mrs. Ross Lawrence. Her bridal bouquet was of white swansonias, roses and baby breath.
Immediately after the ceremony the guests were escorted to the Soo Hotel where a bounteous and delicious dinner was served, covers being laid for eighteen.
The bride is one of our choicest young ladies. From a little girl she has grown up in our midst, honored by old and young alike. The groom whose parental home is in Richland Center, taught music in Thorp High School for several years, has a wife acquaintance here and is admired for his good qualities.
The wedding couple left the same afternoon for a two week honeymoon to be spent in a cottage near Hayward.
It is a pleasure to chronicle the marriage of such worthy young people and this paper wafts to them its warmest congratulations.
Guests from out of town attending the wedding were: Mrs. Elizabeth Hanson, mother of the groom, Miss Leilia Ellsworth, Ray Ellsworth and Mrs. Ariel Strang of Richland Center, Mr. and Mrs. John Schwartz of Withee; also Mrs. Theo. Broeren and Mr. and Mrs. R.G. Lawrence of Thorp.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs