BioM: Bogumill, Eileen (1941)
Surnames: Bogumill, Frenette
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 08/14/1941
Bogumill, Eileen (7 AUG 1941)
Thursday morning, Aug. 7, 1941, at 7:30 o’clock at St. Bernard’s Church, Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), was the scene of a charming wedding when Miss Eileen Bogumill, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Leon Bogumill of Thorp, became the bride of Bernard Frenette, son of Mrs. Joseph Frenette of Chippewa Falls, Rev. A.M. Muckerheide performed the wedding ceremony.
The altars were beautifully decorated with gladiolas.
The bride wore her mother’s wedding gown of 25 years ago, when she was married to Leon Bogumill at Kingston, N.Y., it being white satin faced crepe entrain. Her long veil was fastened with a wreath and she carried a colonial bouquet of roses, baby breath and gardenias.
The bride chose for her bridesmaid, Miss Jane Frenette, a niece of the groom, who was gowned in yellow organdy. She wore a white picture hat and white accessories and carried a bouquet of yellow roses.
The groom and his attendant, William Bogumill, brother of the bride, wore blue suits.
The bride’s mother witnessed the ceremony in blue crepe and the groom’s mother in gray crepe. Both had shoulder corsages of sweet peas and gardenias.
A wedding breakfast was served at the home of the bride’s parents with covers set for the immediate families.
Mr. and Mrs. Frenette left on a wedding trip to Gateway Lakes Resort and upon their return will reside in Chippewa Falls, where the groom is employed at the Chippewa Shoe Co.
The bride graduated from the Thorp High School in 1937 and has been employed at the Thorp Finance Corp. for the past year and a half. The groom is a graduate of McDonnell Memorial High School, Chippewa Falls.
The out of town guest were Mr. and Mrs. Stanley Skelly of Chicago, Mrs. Harry Lea and Mrs. Joseph Frenette of Chippewa Falls.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs