BioM: Markus, JoAnne (1955)
Surnames: Markus, Goelden, Lenhard, Schultz, Hoffmann, Rannow, Kilty, Strebe, Krueger, Ketterl, Ebert
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 06/09/1955
Markus, JoAnne (Marriage - 4 June 1955)
JoAnne Markus, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. R. H. Markus of Colby, and Harold Goelden of Athens, son of Mrs. Edgar Lenhard, were united in marriage in Zion Lutheran church Saturday afternoon, June 4th, at 2:00 o’clock, Rev. O. Hoffmann reading the marriage ceremony. Miss Grace Schultz of Stevens Point sang "The Wedding Prayer" and "The Lord’s Prayer." Mrs. Howard Rannow was organist.
The bride was attired in a gown of Rosepoint lace over traditional bridal satin, Queen Anne collar, fitted bodice, long sleeves coming to points over the hand and tiny lace covered buttons closing down the back; matching lace overskirt over tiers of imported nylon tulle with an insert of tulle that goes completely around the skirt. Very attractively worn was the fingertip veil of nylon tulle attached to a flattering scalloped queen’s crown of exquisite Rosepoint lace and tulle lit with sparking sequins and glowing pearls. Her bouquet consisted of pink roses.
Mrs. Robert Kilty of Marshfield, sister of the groom, was matron of honor. Miss Marlene Strebe of Stevens Point, cousin of the groom, and Miss Audrey Krueger of Marshfield, cousin of the bride, served as bridemaids. Miss Carole Lou Ketterl of Marshfield, cousin of the bride, was junior bridesmaid. They wore identical gowns, strapless fitted bodice of lace over taffeta highlighted with two horizontal net ruffles throughout the skirt, tiny half hats of net with a cluster of flowers over each temple. Their bouquets consisted of white carnations.
The groom was attended by Robert Kilty of Marshfield, brother-in-law of the groom, as best man, and Robert Ebert of Wausau, a cousin of the bride, and David Markus, brother of the bride.
The bride’s mother wore a pink dress with white accessories and white carnations and pink roses. The groom’s mother wore a navy blue dress with white accessories and pink carnations and pink roses.
Following the ceremony, a reception was held at the home of the bride and a 5:00 o’clock dinner was served in the church parlors. The home was decorated with pink and white steamers and wedding bells. In the evening, a wedding dance was held at the Kolby Park Pavilion.
The bride is employed at the Colby Phonograph office and the groom by the Johnson Block & Silo Company.
The newlyweds left on a wedding trip to Yellowstone Park, and after their return will make their home in Colby, Wis.
Out of town guests present were from St. Anthony, Idaho, Medford, Athens, Wausau, Owen, Marshfield and Stevens Point.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs