BioM: Bania, Ethel (1941)
Surnames: Bania, Szczech, Staron, Kalasa, Slowiak
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 10/23/1941
Bania, Ethel (18 OCT 1941)
A beautiful autumn wedding took place at St. Mary’s Czestochowa Church at Junction (Clark Co., Wis.) on Saturday morning at nine o’clock when Miss Ethel Bania, daughter of Paul Bania, and George Szczech, son of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Szczech, were united in marriage. The church was beautiful with garden flowers and the altar was banked with them where Rev. Louis Sobieski performed the marriage ceremony. St. Cecelia’s choir furnished beautiful singing during the ceremony. Mrs. F. P. Neiman of Thorp, played Lohengrin’s Bridal Chorus as a processional.
The bride wore a beautiful gown of white satin with a long train and a long veil of silk illusion which was arranged with a "Star of Hope" tiara. She carried a prayer book and a bouquet of white orchids and lilies of the valley. Her maid of honor, Miss Lorraine Kalasa, wore a formal gown of May wine taffeta, with a Wally blue blusher and a bandeau. She carried a bouquet of May whine chrysanthemums tied with a blue ribbon.
The bridesmaids, Misses Ann Bania, Victoria Bania, Eugenia Staron and Frances Staron, each wore Wally blue with blushers and headbands of May wine and carried bouquets of May wine chrysanthemums tied with May wine blue ribbons.
The groom was attended by his brother, John Szczech as best man, and also by Joseph Bania, John Staron and Alex Slowiak. The men wore dark suits with white gardenia boutonnieres.
A dinner and supper with a dance were given at the farm home of the bride’s father.
Among the out of town people who were here for the wedding were the following: Mr. and Mrs. Stanley Warda of Chicago, Mr. and Mrs. Alex Gutowski and Andrew Szczech of Cicero, Ill., Mr. and Mrs. Stanley Wojcik of Spencer, Wis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs