BioM: Dorn, Dorothy (1941)
Surnames: Heidemann, Dorn, Schmeling, Anderson
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 11/13/1941
Dorn, Dorothy (NOV 1941)
Rockford, Ill. - In a service read at 4 o’clock in the afternoon before the fireplace in the home of Mr. and Mrs. William E. Dorn, 5348 North 2nd St., their daughter, Dorothy, became the bride of Sgt. William Heidemann, son of Mr. and Mrs. E.F. Heidemann of Thorp, Clark Co., Wis.)
White tapes and white chrysanthemums were used as decoration at the fireplace, and for her marriage the bride wore a gown of white crepe, with beaded jacket and a white mum in her hair. Red roses and white mums made up her bridal bouquet. Her sister, Mrs. Albert Schmeling, was the bride’s only attendant, in a frock of rose with dubonnet trim and she carried pink roses and blue mums. Charles Anderson of Thorp was best man for his brother-in-law.
A wedding dinner was served at 5:30 at the Wagon Wheel, the bridal party returning to the Dorn home where they held open house from 7 until 9. The bride’s mother wore a frock of brown and the groom’s mother was in navy blue, both with corsages of yellow roses and bronze and yellow pompoms.
A short wedding trip was taken by the bride and groom, and for traveling Mrs. Heidemann wore a dress and hat of defense blue.
Out of town guests here for the wedding included the bride’s grandmother, Mrs. Anna Miller, and Miss Mabel Miller of Maywood; Mrs. Inga Newberg of Melrose Park; the groom’s parents and his brother-in-law and sister, Mr. and Mrs. Charles Anderson of Thorp.
Dorothy attended Rockford schools and has been employed in the offices of Dr. Howard Maloney. Sgt. Heidemann was graduated from the Thorp schools and Wis. State Teachers College. He is being transferred to Abilene, Texas, from Camp Grant, and he will be joined there the middle of the month by his bride.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs