BioA: Scidmore, Mr./Mrs. Abner (50th - 1955)
Surnames: Scidmore, Grosshuesch, Schreiber, Bauer, Funk, Blekre, Hofman, Lindboe, Sauter
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 06/30/1955
Scidmore, Mr./Mrs. Abner (50th Anniv. - 25 June 1955)
Mr. and Mrs. Abner Scidmore celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary Saturday, June 25th, with church services at the First Evangelical and Reformed church in Colby, Wis., Rev. V. O. Grosshuesch delivered the sermon and Mr. and Mrs. Don Schreiber sang "O Perfect Love" and "Love’s Old Sweet Song" with Miss Rena Bauer as organist. Ushers were Frank Scidmore of Janesville and Robert Funk of Madison.
Dinner was served at 5:00 o’clock at the church hall. Table decorations consisted of roses, lilies, carnations, and a beautiful center piece of gold colored carnations and a coin tree. 125 relatives and two guests were served dinner.
Open house at the Scidmore home was held at 7:00 to 9:00 P.M. Table decorations consisted of a four tier wedding cake and two gold candles. The Scidmores received many beautiful gifts.
Guests from out of town were from Wheaton, Ill., South Holland, Ill., Des Plaines, Ill., Robbinsdale, Minn., Janesville, Madison, Milwaukee, Dorchester, Kewaskum, Fort Atkinson, and Arnold and River Falls.
Mr. Scidmore was born in Hanover on July 16, 1878, and Mrs. Scidmore was born in Little Rock, Ark., on January 13, 1885. They were married in Janesville on June 22, 1905, where Mr. Scidmore was engaged in carpenter work. In 1916, they moved onto a farm at Dorchester and in 1949 they retired and moved to Colby, Wisconsin.
They have nine children - Henry Scidmore of Robbinsdale, Minn., Mrs. Oliver (Gladys) Blekre of Austin, Minn., Mrs. John (Catherine) Hofman of Colby Rfd., Frank Scidmore of Colby, Bob Scidmore of Milwaukee, Mrs. Don (Gertrude) Schreiber of Colby, Mrs. Clifford (Ruth) Lindboe of Des Plaines, Ill., Mrs. LaVern (Evelyn) Sauter of Dorchester, Herb Scidmore of River Falls. There are 30 grand children and one great grand child.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs