Obit: Telford, Alvina O. (1906 - 1942)
Surnames: Telford, Doege, Darge, Keller, Quelle
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 02/05/1942
Telford, Alvina O. (14 APR 1906 - 1 FEB 1942)
Died, at the Marshfield, Wisconsin Hospital, Sunday, Feb. 1st, 1942, Mrs. Raymond Telford, aged thirty-five years.
All the care and love that skilled physicians and an anxious household could devise and apply for her comfort and assistance were brought into play, but the fiat of Him who rules our incomings and outgoings had been issued and after a brief struggle, despite the prayers and entreaties of all who knew and loved her, their appeals were overruled and before the beautiful Sunday morning of Feb. 1st, 1941 was kissed by the rising sun, the sufferer’s spirit took the flight to that home the Christian believes is the fulfillment of the life everlasting. The deceased had been ill for the past year.
Alvina Ottelia Doege was born on April 14, 1906, in the Town of Reseburg (Clark Co., Wis.) and attended the local grade and high school. On Aug. 15, 1925 she was united in marriage to Raymond Telford at Thorp. To this union five children were born: one son, Patrick; four daughters, Adeline, Delores, Darlene and Delia, all of whom survive her. She also leaves to mourn, her mother, Mrs. Herman Doege; four brothers, German of Withee, Reinhold of Eau Claire, Edwin of Stanley and Ernest of Thorp; three sisters, Mrs. Wm. Darge of Thorp, Mrs. Ambrose Keller of Curtiss and Mrs. Harley Quelle of Stanley.
The last services were held at St. Bernard’s Catholic Church on Wednesday morning at nine o’clock, Father A.M. Muckerheide officiating, and interment taking place in St. Bernard’s Parish Cemetery. Pallbearers were; Reinhold Doege, Herman Doege, Ernest Doege, Edmund Doege, George Telford and Vilas Telford.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs