Bio: Daley, William - Builds New Garage (1931)
Contact: Marsha Hosfeld
Surnames: Daley, Kelsey, Meyer
----Source: ABBOTSFORD TRIBUNE (Abbotsford, Clark Co., WI) 25 June 1931
Daley, William (25 June 1931)
WM. DALEY BUILDS NEW GARAGE BUILDING
Wm. Daley has been in Abbotsford more than eleven years, seven years of that time he was associated with Geo. Kelsey in the garage business, making a specialty of handling the popular Chevrolet cars.
About two years ago they sold the Chevrolet garage to Jake Meyer and moved to the old Ford garage on Highway 29.
January 1, 1931, the partnership was dissolved, Mr. Kelsey being connected with the Abbotsford Battery Manufacturing Co.
Mr. Daley has moved the old building back from the street and will use it as an oil warehouse. His new building is of cement blocks, one story high and has a floor space of 44x46 feet. Besides the work room and office, the building has ladies and gents rest rooms equipped with running water supplied by a Meyers water system installed by the Abbotsford Hardware Co.
Mr. Daley has adopted for a name "Daley’s Super Service Oil Company." He has erected tanks for his bulk station on the west side near the pickle factory, and is establishing filling stations at Curtiss, Loyal, Edgar, Unity and Spencer.
Mr. Daley wishes to announce that he will have his official opening Saturday June 27th, and that the first car to drive in after six o’clock in the morning on that day will get his car filled with gas free.
He is also offering some attractive specials in all departments opening day. One quart of oil free with every oil fill, one gallon gas free to all buying five gallons or more, 25% off on all greasing jobs, 10% off on tires and tubes, and like reductions on all accessories sold Saturday.
The 44x100 feet of concrete in front of the garage is lighted by large flood lights and here will be found two automatic electric and two visible gas pumps and an automatic tire inflater.
The gas and oil Mr. Daley handles is the Conoco and Quaker State Oil Co. products *** [Note: The rest of the article was cut off.]
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs