BioM: Jones, Jacqueline (1949)
Surnames: Jones, Dehne, Lindner, Brockett, MacLeod, Henson, Nethaway, Wilsohn, Hotz, Olson, Allen, Roberts, Hamilton, Bullock, Winsell, Coffield
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 07/28/1949
Jones, Jacqueline (Marriage - 16 July 1949)
First Methodist church of San Diego, Calif., was the setting for the marriage of Miss Jacqueline Jones, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Jesse Jay Jones of San Diego, Calif., to Raymond William Dehne, son of Mr. and Mrs. Edward J. Dehne of Colby, Saturday afternoon, July 16, at a 4:00 o’clock candlelight ceremony read by Dr. Frank Lindner.
Preceding the ceremony, Dr. Sheldon L. Brockett sang "Because" and "I Love Thee," and during the rites Miss Vera Margaret MacLeod sang, Malotte’s "Lord’s Prayer." Mrs. Harry Henson Jr. accompanied them on the organ.
The bride wore a gown of ivory satin en train, with an ivory veil falling from a pearl coronet. She carried a shower of carnations and stephanotis and her only ornament was an heirloom sunburst pin worn on a gold chain.
Mrs. William Nethaway, in kingfisher blue taffeta with matching hat and mitts, was matron of honor and other attendants were Mrs. John H. Wilsohn, Jr., of Ramona, in rose taffeta, and Miss Virginia Holz in light blue taffeta. All carried bouquets of glamellias and ivy leaves.
Jerome Olson, of Los Angeles, cousin of the bridegroom, was best man and Frank Allen, Thomas Roberts and Merle Hamilton ushered.
A reception for 200 guests followed in the church lounge. Miss Vivian Holz was in charge of the bride’s book and assisting were Mrs. John Bullock, Mrs. Milton Winsell and Mrs. David Coffield. Mrs. Jones received in a teal blue crepe with fuchsia hat and gloves.
Following two weeks in Northern California, the newlyweds will reside in San Diego where the groom is with the Johnson-Gaum Mortuary.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs