BioM: Herman, Edna (1942)
Surnames: McNown, Herman, Blackburn
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 12/10/1942
Herman, Edna (22 NOV 1942)
Lieut. W.W. McNown, who practiced dentistry in Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.) prior to his enlistment in the Army, and Miss Edna Herman, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Martin Herman of Harshaw, Wis., were united in marriage in a morning ceremony performed by the Rev. Wilson Duncan of So. Methodist University, at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Jim Hill, Jr., at Forney, Texas, on Nov. 22nd, 1942.
The ceremony was solemnized in the presence of relatives, including the bride’s parents, who accompanied their daughter to Texas.
The bride was given in marriage by her father. She wore a white satin gown designed in princess style with sweetheart neckline and long fitted sleeves ending in points over the wrist. The full skirt extended into a long train. Her veil of embroidered lace fell from a pearl tiara and covered the length of the gown. The bride’s bouquet was composed of calla lilies, chrysanthemums and lilies of the valley.
M.C. Blackburn attended Lieut. McNown as best man. Mrs. Blackburn was maid of honor. Mrs. Martin Herman, moth of the bride, was matron of honor and wore the dress of ivory lace in which she was married in 1912.
Lieut. McNown received his B.A. degree from the State Teachers College at Valley City, N.D., and his D.D.S. degree at Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He practiced dentistry in Thorp since 1936.
The bride is a graduate of the Oneida County Normal School and attended Whitewater State Teachers College. She taught in the public schools of Wisconsin for a number of years.
Following the reception after the ceremony, the couple left on a brief wedding trip and will make their home at 16603 Durham St., Brownwood, Texas at the bridegroom’s post of duty. His many friends in Thorp join in extending congratulations.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs