News: Curtiss, Wis. (30 June 1949)
Surnames: Kraut, Fahrenbach, Herrick, Hoff, Erickson, Geary, Menzel, Zuelke, Jakel, Skinner, Olson, Neuhaus, Hermanson
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 06/30/1949
Curtiss, Wis. - June 30, 1949
The Ladies’ Aid of the Ev. and Reformed church will meet at the home of Miss Bertha Kraut on Wed., July 6th, Mrs. Wm. Fahrenbach will be assisting hostess.
The Curtiss base ball team was defeated here last Sunday afternoon by the Abbotsford team, the score being 6 to 4.
Mrs. Grant Herrick returned home on Sunday from a two weeks’ visit with their sons and families, Grant Herrick, Jr., at Columbus and Kenneth Herrick at Racine, Wisconsin.
Mr. and Mrs. Harley Hoff, who have lived in Wallas, Texas, the past two years, arrived here on Saturday. Harley, who is with the Employers Mutual, has been transferred back to Wausau where they will reside.
Mr. and Mrs. John Erickson of Brookings, S. D., and Mr. and Mrs. A. M. Erickson, Mr. and Mrs. Willard Geary and Mr. and Mrs. Clarence Geary attended the wedding of a niece at LaCrosse on Saturday.
Mrs. Clifford Menzel of Bloomer spent several days of last week with her parents while her husband was attending an agricultural instruction convention at Madison.
Donald Kraut returned home on Saturday from Madison where he spent a week with his sister, Mrs. Wm. Zuelke, and family.
Robert Jakel, who has finished his freshman year at college at Ames, Iowa, is spending his vacation with his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Charles Jakel.
Mrs. Jas. Skinner of Bloomington, Wis., spent the week-end with her son and daughter-in-law, Mr. and Mrs. Wayne Olson.
Otto Neuhaus of Sheboygan spent the week-end with relatives here.
Mr. and Mrs. Arvid Hermanson and sons, and Mrs. Henry Hermanson of Brooks, Ind., arrived here on Saturday to spend a few days with the Marcus Hermanson and Charles Jakel families.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs