News: Curtiss, Wis. (22 Sept. 1949)
Surnames: Pudlas, Wagner, Bublitz, Woik, Podgorski, Anderson, Witte, Kraut, Fahrenbach, Peterson, Gilbertson, Hennlich, Nelson, Coleman, Harmel
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 09/22/1949
Curtiss, Wis. - Sept. 22, 1949
Do not forget the chicken supper given by the Ladies’ Aid of the Ev. Lutheran church at the Curtiss, Wisconsin parish hall on Saturday afternoon, Sept. 24th, beginning at 5:00 o’clock.
The Helping Hand Society of the Christian Alliance church will meet with Mrs. Fred Pudlas on Friday, Sept. 30th.
Rev. Herbert Wagner of Wadena, Minn., has accepted a call to the Congregational church here. Rev. Wagner has served the Christian Alliance congregation at Wadena the past five years.
A son was born to Mr. and Mrs. Virgil Bublitz at Victory Hospital, Stanley, on Sept. 11th.
A daughter was born to Mr. and Mrs. Ralph Woik, town of Green Grove, Wisconsin, on Sept. 17, at St. Joseph’s hospital, Marshfield.
Mr. and Mrs. John Podgorski of Winnetka, Ill., spent the week-end with Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Anderson and other friends.
Mr. and Mrs. Harvey Witte and family, Mrs. Wm. Fahrenbach and Miss Bertha Kraut spent the week-end in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Peterson of Madison spent the week-end with their parents, Mr. and Mrs. Ed M. Peterson.
Mr. and Mrs. Ole Gilbertson and son, Roger, of Taylor, Wis., spent the week-end with relatives here.
Mrs. A. J. Hennlich will attend the tri-county postmasters’ convention at Neillsville.
Rev. Theo. Nelson of Greenwood will conduct services at the Ev. Lutheran church at Curtiss on Sunday evening, Sept. 25th, at 8:00 o’clock.
Mr. and Mrs. Gunvold Gilbertson and daughter, Zora Coleman, of Columbus, Ohio, visited with the former’s sister, Mrs. Martha Harmel, the fore part of the week.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs