BioM: Nowak, Helen M. (1942)
Surnames: Nowak, Gowey, Sapetta
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 07/09/1942
Nowak, Helen M. (1 JUL 1942)
The Sacred Heart of Jesus Church at Stetsonville was the scene of a beautiful wedding ceremony, July 1st, 1942, when Miss Helen Marie Nowak and Teddy Gowey were united in marriage. The ceremony was read by Rev. J. Seebath and was performed at 9 o’clock in the morning.
The bride, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Ignatz Nowak of Owen (Clark Co., Wis.), wore a gown of white chiffon trimmed with lace, with lace insertion in the train and a long veil hanging from a crown of lace. She carried a bouquet of white carnations and white roses. Her bridesmaids, a sister Victoria and a cousin, Stacey Sapetta, wore gowns of soft yellow and blue chiffon respectively, with veils and matching accessories and carried bouquets of assorted flowers.
Following the ceremony a breakfast was served at the home of the bride’s parents for 72 guests, and in the late afternoon a supper was served. That evening a wedding dance was given at Spreen’s pavilion on Lake Isadore.
The bridegroom is a farmer and the couple will make their home on the farm of the groom’s parents, Mr. and Mrs. Glen Gowey of Medford.
Among the guests that attended the wedding were: Mrs. Anton Sandel and Victoria Nowak, Evanston, Ill.; Mr. and Mrs. Leland Gowey and son Denny, Madison; Mr. and Mrs. Harlan Gowey, Marshfield; Mrs. Everett Hill, Ladysmith; Mr. and Mrs. Steve Vach, Sawyer’s Dam; and Mr. and Mrs. Matt Nowak, and Mr. and Mrs. H.B. Mauel, Owen.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.