BioM: Kraus, Bernade Marie (1949)
Surnames: Kraus, Gabriel, Beschta, Frane, Cramer, Morales, Savala, Rifleman, Schwantes, Stoieber, Schraufnagel
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 01/05/1950
Kraus, Bernade Marie (Marriage - 31 Dec. 1949)
Bernade Marie Kraus, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. C. J. Kraus of Colby, and Alois M. Gabriel of Edgar were united in marriage at St. Mary’s Catholic church Saturday morning, Dec. 31, Rev. N. B. Beschta of Colby officiating at the ceremony and Rev. Oscar Cramer of Edgar at the nuptial mass. The bride was given in marriage by her father. Miss Margaret Frane of Milwaukee, the bride’s cousin, was organist and Miss Tula Morales of Chicago, soloist, sang Grunad’s "Ave Maria." The bride was attended by her sisters - Miss Beatrice Kraus of Colby as maid of honor and Mrs. S. E. Savala of Chicago and Mrs. Stanley Morales of Chicago as bridesmaids. The groom was attended by Douglas Rifleman of Edgar, Lother Schwantes of Edgar, and Clarence Stoieber of Dorchester, his cousin. The bride’s nieces, Camille, Raquel and Renee Morales of Chicago acted as flower bearers and carried miniature bouquets of the bridesmaids. Ushers were Salvador Zavala of Chicago, the bride’s brother in law, and David Frane of Colby and Howard Frane of Curtiss, the bride’s cousins.
The bride was attired in a gown of white brocaded satin, fitted bodice, buttons in front, cap sleeves, narrow yoke outlined with pearls and forming a V-neck, long mitts of same material, narrow skirt with wide flounce at waistline extending into a long train, long blushed veil of illusion caught to Tuifet cap of brocaded satin trimmed with pearls and lace. Her jewelry consisted of a gold cross and chain, a gift of the groom. The bride made her entire ensemble. Her orchid bouquet was surrounded by stephanotis with satin streamers on white prayer book. The maid of honor wore a dress of mist green satin fashioned with shawl collar, fitted bodice, fitted skirt with front inverted pleat with tiny buttons extended to the hem, matching satin mitts, pointed at wrists, matching shirred headband with white leather plume. Her bouquet consisted of large bows of white plastic lace with satin streamers and clusters of pale yellow pompoms in center, white plastic bells and blossoms on streamers. The bridesmaids wore dresses, similar to that of the maid of honor’s, in dusty rose satin and powder blue satin, respectively, with matching mitts and headdress. Their bouquets were also similar and all three attendants wore rhinestone necklaces and earrings, gifts of the bride. The flower girls wore satin dresses of mist green, dusty rose and powder blue, respectively, with fitted bodice, square neck, puff sleeves, full skirts, white satin shirred headbands with small feather plumes to match the dresses. The bridesmaids made their ensembles. The bride’s mother wore a dress of brown and white flowered silk jersey with a gardenia corsage. Mrs. Norbert Schraugnagel, foster mother of the groom, wore a dress of green crepe with gold bead trim and a gardenia corsage.
For her going-away costume, the bride wore a cocoa brown wool broadcloth suit with beige accessories.
A reception was given in the St. Mary’s gymnasium in the afternoon and evening. The gymnasium was decorated with evergreens and tables with frosted greens and candles. A large wedding cake, with swans drawing carriage with miniature bride and groom, all of frosting, centered the table.
The couple left on a wedding trip of three weeks for southern states and will be at home after January 30th at Colby, Wis.
The groom is employed by the Edgar Bottling Works and the bride is a clerk at the Colby post office. Both are graduates of Colby High School.
Relatives and friends of Chicago, Edgar, Curtiss, Dorchester, Marshfield, Athens, Glidden, Milwaukee, Wausau, Stetsonville, Lomira, Owen, Abbotsford and Eureka, Ill., were here for the wedding.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs