BioM: Firnstahl, Delores (1950)
Surnames: Firnstahl, Hedler, Beschta
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 05/25/1950
Firnstahl, Delores (Marriage - 20 May 1950)
St. Mary’s Catholic church in Colby was the scene of a pretty wedding Saturday, May 20th, when Miss Delores Firnstahl, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Herbert Firnstahl, became the bride of Mr. Donald Hedler, son of Mr. and Mrs. Fred Hedler of Thorp. The nuptial high mass was read at 9:00 A.M., Rev. N. B. Beschta officiating.
The bride was given in marriage by her father. She was gowned in a white slipper satin gown trimmed with chantilly lace, fitted bodice with long sleeves being edged in lace also. Her long entrained veil was held in place with a beaded tiara. Her bouquet consisted of red roses and gardenias.
Mrs. James Firnstahl, sister-in-law of the bride, was matron of honor. Her gown was sheer orchid nylon over taffeta with a fitted bodice, peplum and yoke of lace set off with tiny rhinestones. Miss Geroldyne Hedler, sister of the groom, and Miss Joanne Hedler, cousin of the groom, served as bridesmaids. Their gowns were identical to that of the matron of honor, Miss Geroldyne wearing yellow and Miss Joanne wearing mint green. They wore matching picture hats and long gloves and all carried bouquets of yellow tea roses and gladiolas. The groom was attended by James Firnstahl, brother of the bride, as best man, and Sylvester and Gerald Hedler, brothers of the groom. Little Margaret Ann Firnstahl, sister of the bride, acted as flower girl. She was attired in a light blue ninon gown over taffeta having a fitted bodice, a ruffled edged yoke and peplum. She wore a crown of blue net trimmed with little yellow roses and carried a colonial bouquet of little red roses. The mother of the bride wore a mauve colored dress while a navy blue dress was chosen by the groom’s mother. They both wore corsages of pink and white carnations.
Dinner was served at St. Mary’s gymnasium, the bride’s table being decorated with a four tier wedding cake. A reception followed at the home of the bride’s parents. A buffet supper was served to a large number of guests. In the evening, a wedding dance was held at Walter’s pavilion. Guests were present from Minneapolis, Minn., St. Paul, Minn., Thorp, Marshfield, Medford, Abbotsford, Neillsville and Colby, Wis.
The newlyweds left on a trip through Northern Michigan, and, on their return will reside in Colby, Wis. The groom is employed at the Hedler I.G.A. store in Colby, Wis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs