BioM: Fravert, Carol Jane (1950)
Surnames: Fravert, Miller, Fenhouse, Flemming, Shupe, Schroeder, Seefeldt, Metzgar, Freeman, Kasper, Bosse
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 06/15/1950
Fravert, Carol Jane (Marriage - 10 June 1950)
Carol Jane Fravert, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Fenhouse, and Norman M. Kasper, son of Mr. and Mrs. Harvey Kasper of Colby exchanged marriage vows in a double-ring ceremony at the Methodist church at Spencer Saturday, June 10th, Rev. Raymond J. Flemming reading the marriage ceremony. Shirley Shupe of Spencer was maid of honor, Carol Miller of Colby and Audrey Schroeder of Collins were bridesmaids, and Lorita Fravert was junior bridesmaid. The groom was attended by his brother, Vernon, Marvin Bosse and Virgil Seefeldt of Spencer. Mrs. Myrtle Metzgar played the wedding march and Miss Lucille Freeman sang "For Jesus Sake" and "The Lord’s Prayer." The altar was decorated with lilies and candles.
The bride, given in marriage by her father, was attired in a gown of white satin, princess style, ninon yoke, Bertha collar, long sleeves, full in back, veil, beaded headdress, three quarter-length edged in wide lace with pearls at her neck. Her shower bouquet consisted of lilies of the valley, Easter lilies and red, yellow and white carnations. Her attendants wore dresses of yellow, green, yellow and white taffeta, respectively, styled similarly to that of the bride’s. Their bouquets were also similar to the bride’s but on a smaller scale.
A reception was held at the Fenhouse home which was decorated in green, white and yellow. Supper was served at the church. Guests were present from Merrillan, Loyal, Greenwood, Colby, Medford, Spencer, Marshfield, Oshkosh, Madison, Hilber, Collins, Unity, Milwaukee, Owen, Stratford, and Abbotsford, Wis.
The couple left on a wedding trip to Northern Wisconsin and Minnesota.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs