BioM: Pope, Rae (1950)
Surnames: Pope, Pokallus, Brown, Kranz, Richwalksi, Kadonsky
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 06/22/1950
Pope, Rae (Marriage - 14 June 1950)
Miss Rae Pope, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Grant Pope of Stetsonville, and Clarence Pokallus, son of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Pokallus of Colby, Wisconsin were united in a double ring ceremony marriage at the home of the bride’s parents Wednesday, June 14, Rev. Brown of Chili reading the marriage ceremony at a lawn wedding. The couple was married under a white arch-trimmed with two white wedding bells and aqua blue, orchid and yellow streamers. Mrs. Laurence Pokallus, cousin of the groom, was matron of honor and Malita Kranz, cousin of the bride, was bridesmaid. The groom was attended by Laurence Pokallus and Ernest Richwalksi.
The bride was attired in a gown of aqua blue nylon, low neckline, puff sleeves, hoop skirt and a picture hat and white slippers. For jewelry she wore a necklace of crystal and aqua and a gold sweetheart bracelet. Her bouquet consisted of blue carnations and blue roses. The matron of honor wore a dress of orchid taffeta, low neckline, hoop skirt with a flower headpiece. The bridesmaid wore a dress of yellow veil with lace inset and imitation flowers on neck. Both attendants also wore a double string of pearls and a crystal bracelet and their bouquets consisted of roses and carnations.
A reception was given at the home of the bride’s parents which was decorated with two white bells over the tables and streamers of yellow, orchid and blue. Guests were present from Colby, Abbotsford, Medford, Little Black, Stetsonville, Marshfield, Wausau and Chili. Music was furnished in the afternoon by the Kalsoneers of Stetsonville and a solo was sung by Betty Kadonsky. A dance was given at Walter’s pavilion in the evening.
The couple left on a wedding trip to the southern part of the state where they will reside.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs