BioM: Wiersig, Hilda N. (1950)
Surnames: Wiersig, Dommer, Hoffmann, Behrens, Wellman
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 07/06/1950
Wiersig, Hilda N. (Marriage - 24 June 1950)
Miss Hilda N. Wiersig, daughter of Ewald Wiersig, and Leonhard E. Dommer, son of Mr. and Mrs. Carl Dommer, exchanged marriage vows at the Zion Ev. Lutheran church in Colby Saturday, June 24, Rev. O. Hoffmann reading the marriage ceremony. Miss Lucinda Wiersig, the bride’s cousin, was maid of honor and Mrs. Richard Behrens, sister of the bride, and Mrs. Delphin Dommer, sister-in-law of the groom, were bridesmaids. The groom was attended by Arvin Dommer, his brother, as best man. Richard Behrens, brother-in-law of the bride, and Delphin Dommer, his brother.
For her wedding, the bride chose a gown of marquisette over satin featuring lace and satin ruffles. Her veil, designed with rhinestones and lace, extended from a crown of seed pearls. She carried a bouquet of pink roses, white carnations and sweet peas.
The maid of honor wore a gown of white frosted organdy over pink satin and carried a bouquet of yellow carnations. The bridesmaids wore gowns of white frosted organdy over yellow and green, respectively. Each carried a bouquet of pink carnations.
Gloria Wellman and Carol Wiersig, nieces of the bride, as flower girl, carried baskets of mixed flowers. Their dresses were of yellow organdy over satin.
A dinner was served at 5:00 o’clock at the home for the immediate relatives and a reception was held there beginning at 7:00.
The bride is a graduate of Colby High School and the groom attended Unity High School.
When the couple return from a honeymoon to Yellowstone National Park and western states, they will reside on the groom’s farm in the town of Hull.
The wedding was attended by many guests from Colby, Granton, Wausau, Abbotsford, Greenwood, Stratford and Marshfield.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs