BioM: Heckel, Betty (1950)
Surnames: Heckel, Rankel, Herrmann, Mihalek, Schulze
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 09/14/1950
Heckel, Betty (Marriage - 2 Sept. 1950)
Miss Betty Heckel, daughter of Henry Heckel of Marshfield, and George William Rankel, son of Mr. and Mrs. John Rankel of Colby, Wisconsin were united in marriage at St. John’s Catholic church at Marshfield, Saturday morning, Sept. 2, Rev. R. J. Herrmann officiating. The bride was attended by sisters of the groom, Misses Helen, Irene and Lillyan Rankel, all of Chicago. Attending the groom were Albert Mihalek, as best man, and Alvin Henkel, the bride’s brother and Carl Schulze of Chicago.
The bride was attired in a gown of ivory satin featuring a sheer yoke and a bateau neck edged with tiers of satin and lace. The long satin sleeves came to points over the wrists and her full skirt extended into a train edged with lace. Her finger-tip veil of imported illusion was caught to a tiara of seed pearls and bugle beads. She carried a bouquet of white gladioli and mixed roses. She also wore a rhinestone necklace with matching earrings, a gift of the groom. Her attendants wore gowns of American beauty satin styled with net yokes, fitted bodices, full skirts and matching headdresses of sweetheart design. Each carried a bouquet of white gladioli and pink roses at her shoulder. The groom’s mother was attired in a navy blue print silk crepe dress with a corsage of gladioli and pink roses at her shoulder.
A reception and dinner was held at the home of the groom’s parents in Colby and a wedding dance was given at Walter’s pavilion. The couple left on a wedding trip to Canada.
Guests at the wedding were from Marshfield, Unity, Abbotsford, Neenah, Wisconsin Rapids, Chicago, Detroit and Cincinnati.
The bride had been employed by the A. H. Weinbrenner Co. at Marshfield and the groom, a graduate of the Reisch School of Auctioneering, operates a farm at Colby, Wis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs