BioM: Martens, Joyce Elaine (1950)
Surnames: Martens, Sanders, Maegber, Radtke, Havitz
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 12/07/1950
Martens, Joyce Elaine (Marriage - 23 Nov. 1950)
Joyce Elaine Martens, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Sanders of Colby, and Eugene E. Radtke, son of Al Radtke, were united in marriage at St. Bernard’s church at Watertown on Thursday, Nov. 23, Rev. George Maegber reading the marriage ceremony. Carol Radtke, sister of the groom, was maid of honor and June and Rita Martens, sisters of the bride, were senior bridesmaids and Misses Rose and JoAnn Martens, ? sisters of the bride, were junior bridesmaids. The groom was attended by his brother Robert E. Radtke, as best man. Ushers were Donald Martens, brother of the bride and Edward Havitz, Jr., cousin of the bride. Edward Havitz Sr., uncle of the bride, sang "Ave Maria" and "Could Jesus Do More."
The bride was attired in a colonial type gown of white slipper satin with long pointed sleeves, fitted bodice, full skirt with hoop-long train, lace trimmed. Her short illusion finger-tip veil was attached to a lace bonnet. Her colonial crescent bouquet consisted of white pompoms and cavalier roses. The maid of honor wore a sea-green colonial type gown with hoop skirt and short sleeves. She carried a muff of satin to match her gown trimmed with yellow and rust bronze pompoms and had a matching braid of flowers in her hair. The bridesmaids wore colonial type emerald green satin gowns with hoop skirts and short sleeves. They carried muffs of satin to match gowns trimmed with yellow pompoms and had matching braids of flowers in their hair.
Dinner was served at the Moose Hall in Watertown.
After a wedding trip to St. Louis, Missouri, and at Scott Field, Ill., where they visited the groom’s brother, the couple will be at home after Nov. 27 at 319 Concord Ave.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs