BioM: Fornefelt, Jean (1943)
Surnames: Fornefelt, Gilman, Geary
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 06/17/1943
Fornefelt, Jean (10 JUN 1943)
Expected home today are LaVere A. Gilman and his bride, the former Miss Jean Fornefelt, daughter of Dr. and Mrs. F.W. Fornefelt, 514 W. Fourth St., Marshfield, whose wedding took place June 10, 1943, at 11 a.m. before immediate relatives and closest friends at the home of the bride’s parents, with the Rev. Arthur R. Oates officiating. Nuptial vows were exchanged under a canopy of greens flanked with tall tapers and banked with bouquets of mixed flowers.
A navy blue two-piece dress, whose jacket was edged with snowy grosgrain ribbon and trimmed with embroidered yarn scrolls, was chosen by the bride for the occasion. A small white pompadour hat, veiled in blue, and navy accessories, completed her costume and she wore a corsage of gardenias. Her sister-attendant, Miss Helen Fornefelt, a student at the University of Wisconsin in Madison, was attired in a navy dirndl and off-the-face white hat with which she wore gardenias and roses. Willard Geary of Curtiss (Clark Co., Wis.), was best man.
At the nuptial service and later at the wedding luncheon served at the Hotel Charles, both Mrs. Fornefelt, mother of the bride, and Mrs. Elizabeth Gilman, the bridegroom’s mother, were attired in navy. Their flowers were gardenia clusters. For traveling the bride wore brown accessories with her tan suit.
Mr. Gilman, who attended the Owen High School, is employed at the Western Condensing Co. at Owen (Clark Co.). His bride, a graduate of the Marshfield High School, attended the University of Wisconsin and Groves Barnhart Secretarial School at Madison.
Guests included Mrs. Gilman, the bridegroom’s mother, Owen; Mr. and Mrs. Willard Geary, Curtiss; and Miss Catherine Kamps, Wausau.
The young couple will be at home to their friends here in Owen after their return from their wedding trip to Minocqua after today.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.