BioM: Staron, Eugenia (1943)
Surnames: Staron, Nyckel, Patchak, Zelent Slowiak
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 05/06/1943
Staron, Eugenia (2 MAY 1943)
Miss Eugenia Staron, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Staron of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.) and Pvt Henry Nyckel, son of Mr. and Mrs. Adam Nyckel of Chicago, were united in the holy bonds of matrimony on Sunday, May 2nd at 1:30 p.m. at St. Fidelis Church in Chicago.
The bride, who was escorted to the altar by her father, wore a gown of white taffeta with a twelve inch sweep and medallions inserted on the sleeves. She had a tiara crown of pearls and rhinestones and an attach fingertip veil and carried a bouquet of white roses and sweet peas with streamers. Miss Adelaide Staron, sister of the bride, attended as maid of honor.. Miss Frances Staron, another sister of the bride, and Miss Mae Patchak, a cousin, acted as bridesmaids. They all wore formals of white marquisette and net with turtle sleeves and ruffled sweetheart necklines. They were trimmed with red, white and blue streamers and ribbons of velvet. Their blushers were of white with read, white and blue velvet ribbons in their hair. All carried bouquets of red and white carnations and blue sweet peas.
The groom who was led to the altar by his mother, wore his uniform. His attendants were Vince Slowiak and Art Zelent. They wore tuxedos and white carnations in their lapels.
A supper was served to the immediate family and a wedding dance followed at Liberty Hall. Some out of town guests were Mr. and Mrs. Harry Patchak and daughter, Laverne, of Bristol, Ill., Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Staron and daughter Lawrencia, Mr. and Mrs. S. Price and family and Mr. and Mrs. J. Filipek and family, all of Thorp, and Mrs. Walter Bania of Stanley.
Friends and relatives of the newly wedded couple join in extending best wishes for a very happy future.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs