BioM: Schulze, Viola Ruby (1941)
Contact: Sandy (Safemaster) Seiler
Surnames: Schulze, Anderson, Engel
-------Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark Co., Wis.) 12/18/1941
Schulze, Viola Ruby (Marriage - 17 DEC 1941)
At a candlelight ceremony performed Wednesday evening at 8:00 o’clock in the Methodist church at Withee, Miss Viola Ruby Schulze, Town of Hoard, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Elroy Schulze of Sellersburg, Ind., became the bride of Howard Gale Anderson, Town of Hixon, son of Mr. and Mrs. Ed. Anderson of Withee. The Rev. James Irish read the nuptial service in the presence of a large number of relatives and friends. Lighted pink and white candles and streamers of pink blue and white crepe paper decorated the church.
White satin was worn by the bride with a long silk veil trimmed in Chantilly lace caught to a tiara of pearls and orange blossoms. She carried a bouquet of sweet peas and pink and white carnations.
Attending as matron of honor and best man were the bridegroom’s brother in law and sister, Mr. and Mrs. Edward Engel. Miss Vivian Anderson, sister of the bridegroom, was bridesmaid and Alvin Gauerke was groomsman.
Mrs. Engel was attired in a dress of blue brocaded taffeta with a cornet headdress of sweet peas and white and pink carnations.
After the ceremony a reception was held at the home of the bridegroom’s parents, with 75 relatives and friends present. Streamers of pink, blue and white and silver wedding bells decorated the residence.
Among the out of town guests present were Mr. and Mrs. Elroy Schulze of Sellersburg, Ind.; Mr. and Mrs. Ben Skoag and family of Loyal; Mrs. Anni Hoffmann of Colby; Mrs. E. A. Calhoun and daughters, Phyllis and Beverly, of Greenwood. A large number from the Owen and Withee areas also attended.
A wedding dance will be given Saturday night at the Wagon Wheel dance hall.
After Dec. 15, Mr. Anderson and his bride will be at home to friends on a farm in the Town of Hoard. The bridegroom was graduated from the Owen high school with the class of 1937.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs