BioM: Halverson, Eloise #2 (1941)
Contact: Sandy (Safemaster) Seiler
Surnames: Halverson, Jacobson, Weiger
-------Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark Co., Wis.) 12/25/1941
Halverson, Eloise (Marriage - 21 DEC 1941)
Chrysanthemums, ferns and barberry decorated the altar in St. Katherine’s church which made the setting for the wedding of Miss Eloise Halverson, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Carl Halverson of Owen, and Everett T. Jacobson. They exchanged vows in a candlelight service at five o’clock Sunday evening, Rev. R. E. Ortmayer officiating.
Music was rendered by Rowene Gabriel at the organ, Vivian Richardson, who played Toselli’s "Serenade" on the violin and sang "Because," Rachel Halverson, sister of the bride sang, "Oh, Sweet Mystery of Life."
The bride, gowned in a dress of white slipper satin, with a long train and fingertip veil, approached the altar on the arm of her father. She carried a bouquet of white chrysanthemums and wore a gold cameo locket, a gift of the groom.
The bride’s sister, Rachel, as maid of honor, wore pink taffeta, while the bridesmaids, Irene White and Esther Bloom, wore yellow and blue taffeta, patterned the same as the bride’s dress. All carried colonial bouquets and wore gold crosses, gifts from the bride.
The bridegroom, who is the son of Knute Jacobson of Dallas, had Albert Schulze, of the Owen high school faculty, for his best man; and his brother, Milford, of Dallas and nephew, Henry Weiger, of Rice Lake ushered.
The bride’s mother was gowned in blue Romaine crepe, trimmed in gold ornaments, and hat to match. Her corsage was yellow and bronze talisman and Johanna roses.
Following the ceremony, dinner was served to immediate relatives.
The newlyweds will make their home in Owen, where the groom is the agricultural teacher in the Owen public schools. The bride was formerly employed by Dr. G. A. Legault as technician and bookkeeper.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs