Shirley A. (1968)
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Niemi, Kanga, Mattila, Missling, Myhrwold
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI) 10/31/1968
Niemi, Shirley A. (Marriage - 26 October 1968)
Miss Shirley A. Niemi of Milwaukee, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. William Niemi of Rt. 1 Owen, and Walter l. Kangas of Milwaukee, son of Mr. and Mrs. Gilbert Kangas of Milwaukee, were united in marriage Saturday October 26, in a 3 p.m. ceremony performed in Emmanuel Lutheran Church in Longwood. The Rev. Arvid Myhrwold performed the double ring ceremony.
One hundred fifty guests witnessed as Mr. Niemi gave his daughter in marriage. The bride was attired in a floor-length gown of peau de soie, the skirt of which was enhanced by a detachable circular train. The Empire bodice featured appliqués of lace on the front and edges of the sleeves. A headpiece of white peau de soie ring held the silk illusion veil. She carried a cascade bouquet of white stephanotis and ivy.
Mrs. Carl (Sandy) Kangas of Milwaukee was her matron-of-honor. She wore a floor-length gown of moss green silk shantung, styled with an Empire wrist and short sleeves. She wore a matching moss headpiece. Her bouquet was a cascade arrangement of jasmine and yellow pompon chrysanthemums.
Carl Kangas of Milwaukee was the bestman. Richard Niemi of Owen and Leo Mattila of Toivola, Mich., were ushers. “O Perfect Love” and “The Wedding Prayer” were sung by Mrs. Arvid Myhrwold, accompanied at the organ by Mrs. Douglas Missling.
The bride is a 1959 graduate of Greenwood High School and attended Wisconsin State University-Whitewater. She is employed at Milprint, Inc., in Milwaukee.
Mr. Kangas, a 1957 graduate of Boy’s Technical High School in Milwaukee, is associated with Ameco Division of Ro-Band Corporation in Menomonee Falls. They will make their home in Milwaukee.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs