News: Granton (Many ill from gas - 23 Nov 1917)


Surnames: Thayer

----Source: Granton News (Granton, Clark County, Wis.) 11/30/1917

Last Friday night the fumes from the exhaust of the gasoline engine used in connection with the electric lights in W.J. Thayer's new store building, all but overcame many of the dancers who participated at the Camp Fire Girls' dance there that night. The big headache and great nausea stayed with many well through the day following. Several cases too are reported where the victims were confined to their beds all the next day. But for the accident, the evening was a thoroughly enjoyable one and a pleasant social affair, well patronized and otherwise successful.



© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.


Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.


Become a Clark County History Buff


Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.


Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel