Obit: Schweke, Vernon William (1936 - 1955)
Surnames: Schweke, Hinz, Anderson
----Source: Marathon County Register (Unity, Clark County, Wis.) 9 Dec1955
Schweke, Vernon William (17 May 1936 - 30 Nov. 1955)
Vernon William Schweke was born in Indiana May 17, 1936, son of Alvin and Bernice Schweke. Soon after his birth he moved with his parents to a cheese factory near Unity in the Town of Brighton. He was baptized by the Rev. H. C. Hinz at St. John’s Lutheran Church, North Spencer.
He attended public school at Unity and later moved with his parents to Ladysmith, where he received his Christian education and was confirmed at the Lutheran Church.
The family later moved to Brantwood where he graduated from Tri County High School at Tripoli.
He took a short course at the University of Wisconsin at Madison, where he received his state license for cheese making which occupation he followed with his father at Brantwood until his death November 30, 1955.
He leaves to mourn his passing, his parents, Alvin and Bernice Schweke, a sister, Janice, a brother, James, his grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. William Schweke, Spencer; and Mrs. B. Anderson, Drummond; many uncles, aunts, cousins and a host of friends.
Funeral services were held at the Brantwood Lutheran Church, December 3 and internment was made at the West Spencer cemetery.
The death of Vernon William Schweke resulted from an auto accident in Tripoli, Lincoln County, Wisconsin.
1940 Federal Census, Brighton Town, Marathon, Wisconsin, United States, enumeration district number: 37-7, family 115, line 38
white, married, male
residence in 1935: Medaryville, Pulaski, Indiana
head Alvin Schweke M 30 Wisconsin
wife Bernice Schweke F 25 Wisconsin
son Vernon (William) Schweke M 3
daughter Janice Schoseke F 0 Wisconsin
hired man Luise Anderson M 20 Wisconsin
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs