BioM: Ricksford, Florence (1944)
Surnames: Miller, Ricksford, Miller, Boie, Peterson
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 06/01/1944
Ricksford, Florence (27 MAY 1944)
A very pretty wedding took place on the lawn at the home of Mr. and Mrs. M. Ricksford at Stanley at 2:00 o’clock Saturday afternoon, May 27th, 1944, when Rev. Midtlien joined in holy bonds, in a single ring ceremony, their daughter, Florence and Willard Miller, son of Mr. and Mrs. Oscar Peterson of Stanley.
The bride was beautifully attired in a gown of frosted net over white satin, with fingertip veil and coronet of seeded pearls. Her bouquet was of white gardenias, carnations and lilies of the valley tied with white streamers. She was attended by Virginia Peterson who wore a blue frosted organdy over blue taffeta, and carried a bouquet of pink carnations and blue snapdragons with white gardenia in her hair. Mrs. Robert Miller, matron of honor, was dressed in pink net over taffeta with a bouquet of pink carnations and blue snapdragons with a pink carnations in her hair. The bride’s mother’s corsage was of white gardenias.
The groom was dressed in the conventional blue and he and his attendants, Pvt. Byron Boie and Robert Miller, wore white gardenia boutonnieres.
A reception was held after the ceremony attended by 65 friends. The centerpiece of the setting for the five o’clock dinner was a four-tier wedding cake baked by the groom’s uncle, Mr. Ferdon of Superior.
The newlyweds will reside in Stanley where the groom is employed by the Gilman Manufacturing Co..
Out of town guests at the wedding were: Mr. and Mrs. Floyd Ferdon of Superior; Mr. and Mrs. Fr. Baker, Mr. and Mrs. Harold Rone and son, Mr. and Mrs. Lavern Miller, of Eau Claire; Mr. and Mrs. Jerry Carey of Westboro; Mr. and Mrs. Robert Miller and son of Port Washington; Mr. and Mrs. Arnt Rickford of Chippewa Falls; and Pvt. Byron Boie of Drew Field, Tampa, Florida.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs