Church: Unity - Trinity Lutheran Church (Addition - 1957)
Surnames: Nelson, Messer, Berg, Schell, Gustafson
----Source: Marathon County Register (Unity, Clark County, Wis.) 03/01/1957
Church Addition Dedicated Sunday
The new 38x30 foot addition to the rear of Trinity Lutheran Church was dedicated during special ceremonies Sunday afternoon.
The Rev. J. Milton Nelson, president of the Superior Conference of the Augustana Lutheran Church, presided at the services dedicating the new $21,000 addition which will provide space for a pastor’s office, Sunday School classes, a choir robing room, and a conference room.
The order of services included an organ prelude by Mrs. Ansel Messer, scripture and prayer by the Rev. Donald E. Berg, Prentice, vice president of the Wisconsin Valley District of the Augustana Lutheran Church; an anthem by the church choir; a sermon by Rev. Nelson, anthem by the choir; greetings, announcements, a collection for the building fund and benediction by the Rev. Mr. Berg.
Participants in the ceremony included the Rev. Mr. Schell of Wisconsin Rapids and the Rev. Roy Gustafson, Ogema. A potluck supper was served following the rite of dedication.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.