Obit: Vaughan, John Moe (1871 - 1956)
Surnames: Vaughan, Schall, Thayer, Johnson, Binning, Tober, Salter
----Source: Marathon County Register (Unity, Clark County, Wis.) 13 Feb 1956
Vaughan, John Moe (22 July 1871 - 2 Feb. 1956)
Funeral services were held at 3 o’clock Saturday afternoon in the Unity, Wisconsin Methodist Church for John Moe Vaughan, 84, who passed away at the Bellin Memorial Hospital, at Green Bay, February 2, 1956. The Rev. Harvey E. Schall officiated at the services and burial was made in the Brighton Cemetery.
During the services Graham Thayer sang "Savior Like a Shepherd Lead Us" and "Nearer the Cross" accompanied by Mrs. Tom Loughead at the organ.
Short services were held in the Chapel at the Odd Fellows Home at Green Bay before the body was taken to the Swarthout Funeral Home at Spencer to repose until time of the services at the church.
Pallbearers were Alfred Johnson, John Johnson, Henry Binning, Herbert Binning, Emil Tober and Earl Salter.
Mr. Vaughan was born at Sun Prairie, Wisconsin, July 22, 1871, and moved to a farm southwest of Unity with his parents, when he was 9 years of age. He received his education in the Maple Grove school and graduated from the Unity high school in 1889.
He taught school for a time and in 1895 he went to Minnesota to help his brother, Ralph, operate a farm near Austin, Minn. After several years he returned back to home farm in 1903. He resided there until 1948 when he sold the farm and went to live with his brother, Mr. and Mrs. Ralph Vaughan, at Spencer. In 1949 he went to live at Spencer. In 1949 he went to live at the Odd Fellows Home at Green Bay, where he was living at the time of his death.
Mr. Vaughan was a member of the Methodist Church in Unity, a member of the IOOF Lodge No. 287 in Unity. He served the church as Sunday School Superintendent and wherever there was a need.
Surviving are two brothers, Ralph, Spencer; and George, Madison; and many nephews and nieces.
Two brothers and three sisters preceded him in death.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs