Obit: Parkhill, Eli Ruben (1889 - 1930)
Surnames: Parkhill, Bunnell, Durnam, Lampkins, Johnson, Munson, Resech, Tutthill, Keno, Jackson
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 11/06/1930
Parkhill, Eli Ruben (8 Aug. 1889 - 1 Nov. 1930)
Eli Ruben Parkhill, son of the late Mr. and Mrs. Ruben Parkhill, was born near Abbotsford, Wis., August 8, 1889, and met with an accidental death by being struck by a Northwestern train near Rockfield, Wis., Saturday, Nov. 1, 1930.
Mr. Parkhill grew to manhood in this vicinity. At an early age he entered the employ of Walter Jackson and learned the trade of cigar maker, later going to Fond du Lac where he followed the trade, also making his home in Milwaukee part of the time.
He served in the World War, enlisting May 23, 1917, and received his discharge May 17, 1919. He was a member of Co. B 2nd Wis. Nat. Guard, serving with that unit during his period of enlistment.
The remains were brought to the home of his sister, Mrs. M. C. Bunnell in Abbotsford, where short services were held Tuesday afternoon at 3:30, followed by services in the Presbyterian church, the Rev. M. C. Durnam officiating. Members of the Legion and Hq. Btty. served as pall bearers and conducted military rites at the cemetery.
He leaves to mourn his death two sisters, Mrs. Edith Bunnell of Abbotsford and Mrs. Lillian Lampkins of Manawa, and one brother, Frank Parkhill of Kaukauna.
Those from away attending the funeral were Mr. and Mrs. Leslie Lampkins and two daughters, Mr. and Mrs. Frank Parkhill, Mr. and Mrs. Malvin Parkhill of Marshfield, Mr. and Mrs. Fred Johnson, Mr. and Mrs. Ed. Munson of Withee, Mrs. Frank Resech, Mrs. C. M. Tutthill of Stevens Point, and Mrs. John Keno and daughter of Detroit, Michigan.
On Sunday the body was at the Soo Line depot in Fond du Lac, where it was viewed by approximately 500 persons.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs