News: Abbotsford, Wis. (20 Feb. 2008)
Contact: R. Lipprandt
----Source: The Abbotsford Tribune-Phonograph, Volume 48, Number 8, Wednesday, February 20, 2008, page 2
75 Years Ago
Chevrolet Garage Crew Put Out Fire Today
The fire department made a belated run this morning when fire broke out at the Chevrolet garage at about 10:30. For some reason the alarm refused to operate and by the time equipment and volunteers arrived at the scene of the excitement the fire had been extinguished by the workmen at the garage. Fire started when a short circuit on a car ignited gasoline being used to wash the motor. Damage was not heavy as the fire was confined to the car.
Clark County Courthouse To Be Remodeled
A new county WPA project, the remodeling of part of the Cark County Courthouse basement, into a two or three room office suite, has been approved by the county at a cost of $2,088. Of this the county’s share will be $697 with $1,391 being contributed by the WPA. The rooms, when completed will no doubt be occupied by the County Agent Landry, whose present room in the upper story are now over-crowded.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.