BioM: Peterson, Marion (1944)
Surnames: Peterson, Bohman, Micke, Thyson, Ketterhagen
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 10/05/1944
Peterson, Marion (28 SEP 1944)
At nine o’clock on Thursday morning, Sept. 28th, 1944, at St. Rose’s Church at Cadott, occurred the marriage of Miss Marion Peterson, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Willard Peterson of the town of Sigel, and Leonard Bohman, son of Mrs. John Bohman of the Town of Worden (Clark Co., Wis.). Rev. A.J. Ausman performed the ceremony.
The bride was attired in a white net gown over satin and wore a long veil trimmed in lace and carried a bridal bouquet of white chrysanthemums and rosebuds.
They were attended by Miss Marian Bohman and Edward Micke, sister and cousin of the groom. Another attending couple were Miss Rose Thyson and Francis Ketterhagen, friend and uncle of the bride. Miss Dorothy Peterson, sister of the bride, acted as maid of honor and was dressed in blue taffeta and carried a bouquet of yellow roses and chrysanthemums. Little Rachel Micke of thorp, leand the bridal party to the altar carrying a basket of mixed garden flowers and dressed in a long white gown and a shoulder veil caught with a headband. The bridesmaids were gowned in blue net and carried a bouquet of pink roses and white chrysanthemums.
The groom and his attendants were dressed in dark blue and wore a white boutonniere.
The bride attended the Cadott High School and has recently been employed in Wausau. The groom is a graduate of the Stanley High School with the class of 1937 and also a graduate of the College of Agriculture, after which he ran a milk testing association in the Stanley country for over two years, known as the "Clark-Chipp Dairy Association." Later he worked in a defense plant in Manitowoc and for some time in the Kaiser Ship Yards in Portland, Oregon. For the past year he has been engaged in farming on the home farm and after a short wedding trip Mr. and Mrs. Bohman will take up their residence on the same.
After the ceremony a reception was held at the home of the bride’s parents to about fifty guests and a shower and wedding dance was given in the evening at the Edson Hall which was largely attended by friends and relatives who came to wish the newlyweds a happy journey and present them with many beautiful and useful gifts.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs