BioM: Salvach, Emilie (1944)
Surnames: Kukielka, Salvach, Strzok, Niziol
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 08/24/1944
Salvach, Emilie (16 AUG 1944)
A very pretty wedding took place on Wednesday, Aug. 16, 1944 at 9:00 o’clock at the Holy Cross Church of Minneapolis, Minn., when Miss Emilie Salvach became the bride of John Kukielka. The church was beautifully decorated with white gladiolas and palms. The bride was escorted to the altar by her brother-in-law, Andrew Niziol. She was attired in a white satin gown and fingertip veil held in place by a pearl set headband. She wore a string of pearls, a gift of the groom. Her bouquet consisted of white gladiolas and pink roses.
Her maid of honor, Miss Caroline Salvach, a sister of the bride, wore a white crepe dress and a tulle white headdress and carried a bouquet of red roses and white gladiolas. The bridesmaid, Miss Helen Kukielka, sister of the groom, wore a white net dress and a tulle white headdress, and also carried a bouquet of red roses and white gladiolas. They wore little gold cross chains, a gift of the bride.
The groom and best man wore oxford gray suits, and their boutonnieres consisted of white carnations.
A wedding breakfast was served for the guests at a hotel immediately following the wedding services. The centerpiece of the breakfast table consisted of white gladiolas and pink roses. After breakfast was served the newlyweds and guests drove to Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.) to the home of Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Strzok, where dinner was served to immediate relatives at 7:00 o’clock. Following the dinner a dance was held and music furnished by the Nightingales.
Out of town guests who attended the wedding dinner were: Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Niziol, Mr. and Mrs. Michael Niznik and son Bobby, Mr. and Mrs. Valentine Niziol and daughter Betty, Miss Caroline Salvach and Miss Helen Kukielka, all of Minneapolis.
The newlyweds left on a honeymoon for a week and will return to Minneapolis, where they will make their home.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs